Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yes, Wednesday

Air is still
on the platform
and there is a heck of a lot
of freshly-washed hair smell
OK

Moon is just waning

And in the traincar
there's a girl
with the millennial endless
personal-dream-up-ahead look in her eyes
like in airline commercials

but hers is real-seeming
honest-to-goodness.

In the black window
there I am
inspectin' myself
with lifted skeptical brow

Could I affect such a look?
Or does it have to come naturally?

I can make it happen behind my eyelids
with my breath for sure
hard to show it to the world without thinking.

Ummmmmmmmmm

Whole different kind
of woman hunkers down
facing me

Talking to somebody
behind a free daily
some body inside or by way of
headset
cord-mounted microphone
furrows in the brow
conspiratorial mumbling
emanating from the backpage
Ford Motor Co. Ad
employee pricing for good

Lady
End call
Lower paper
Flip to
Sudoku

Mmmmmmmmmm

Ah yes, there's the lake
Opposite window side
Gonna try
To gaze vaguely into the personal dream
A way out there